Tuesday 25 October 2011

Corners!


I've been playing with my lovely hobby fuser kiln this week and making some fairly simple bowls and coasters. Well they were meant to be simple but I can be a bit of a perfectionist so they've taken me a while to get them just how I want them. This is where my lovely friend Becky will tell you that what I really mean is I had to get the corners right!


You see I don't really like corners in glass. I don't know why but it may be the part of me which once flirted with engineering a long time ago. Corners are supposed to be right angles for me - absolutely spot on 90 degrees and that doesn't really work in glass. So when (and it isn't very often) I make beads with corners they have to be soft and rounded and almost not corners at all. That's a bit difficult when you're fusing a square coaster and as I can't cut circles (yet - I'm working on it) I've played with my fusing programme to get my corners just how I like them. Obsessive? Oh yes but at least I'm a happy obsessive!


Anyway, here's the coasters and a couple of slumped bowls too.


Sarah
xxx













1 comment:

Crescendo Chocolate said...

They are really lovely!!!