Tuesday 28 August 2012

More IFG & Lots of Bead Listings

Hi

I'm home from Stourbridge and had a wonderful time meeting lots of old friends and making new ones. It was fun being in the Bonded Warehouse with other lampworkers and a great way to catch up with some I haven't seen for a year or so. Online communication is great but its good to meet the "real person" too. I also met lots of my regular customers - one or two for the first time which was lovely. Its always good to see the people who make my beads up into beautiful things. 

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see much of the Festival itself but Simon had a good mooch round and even bought a stunning piece from the Biennale. I don't get to see it until the middle of September when the exhibition closes so I'm looking forward to that. He also tried one of the "have a go at glassblowing" sessions - I think he took rather a liking to it and will be having some lessons closer to home too.

The great thing about glassy get-togethers is that I always come home inspired to try new things. My head is buzzing with ideas and I know that as the autumn colours start to show my creativity leaps. I'm not quite sure what happened to summer this year - it was all a bit of a wash-out wasn't it?

I've been sorting beads out since I got home and have listed some new ones on my site. There are some gorgeous focals with lots of gold leaf and silver as well as some more earthy organic sets.  I'll be listing in etsy later in the week as well so keep an eye out for those and watch twitter for the updates to see what's new.

Sarah
xxx




No comments: