Tuesday 21 August 2012

International Festival of Glass



Hi - I can't believe I haven't been here since April. Its been a very busy few months for me. Not all of that has been glassy & I'll tell you more below but first I wanted you to know about the International Festival of Glass this weekend.

Its a bi-annual celebration of all things glassy with fantastic opportunities to try glass blowing, fusing and lamp working as well watching demos &, of course, lots of spending opportunities. I have managed to claim a last minute table at the Bead Fair in the Bonded Warehouse and will have all of my current stock with me. It would be great if you could come & say hello. I have lots of new beads - most of which I haven't had time to photograph - and some small fused pieces too.

So what have I been up to? Unfortunately my Mum hasn't been well so I've spending time with her. She fell & broke her hip a few weeks ago and is slowly recovering but has also managed to contract an infection in her leg. As she's in Northumberland the distance makes it harder to be there for her. But my brother has been doing a fantastic job of looking after her and I'm making regular visits to keep her company and help out. 

I've also been able to spend two wonderful weeks in Greece on land and at sea. I'm uploading some photos in my flickr album. Santorini is, I think, my favourite place in the world and we've had some very special holidays there. But we also made our first trip to the Saronic Gulf this year. We were sailing with friends and visited Hydra, Ermioni & Poros and fell in love with Greece all over again. I think I should have born Greek! 

I used our sailing trip as inspiration for some new beads - lots of precious metal & silver glass as you'd expect from me. These are almost an inch in diameter so make great focal beads.


Aegean Sun

Aegean Treasures



See you soon & hopefully at Stourbridge


Sarah
xxx

No comments: